Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Boy...It's Finally Available

Although I am an avid mystery reader, there are certain series which take me away from that genre. One of them is the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva. I fell in love with these books a few years ago when a friend's daughter lent her the first in the series and then the book made its way to me. Since then, I've read them all and recommended them to my sister and brother-in-law who are now also hooked.

I've been waiting patiently for the next in the series and the book, "The Secret Servant" was finally released on Tuesday. I, of course, had to rush to my Big Box Warehouse that very day to buy a copy and had plans to start reading immediately. Unfortunately, yesterday was filled with activity and so opening the book for the first time was delayed until this morning. Now I'm 170 pages into it and I had to pull myself away from it to do some blogging chores. As soon as I'm done here, it's back to the book.

Just thought you'd like to know.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm at page 242. I hate being interrupted! Are you just lovin' it?

Anonymous said...

hello! I stumbled upon your page while I was searching for an image and absolutely fell in love with that icon image of the 50's girl reading. It is perfect for what I am needed for the collage I'm working on. This one is too small so I was hoping you could share it, possibly giving me a larger version to work with? I would work out some sort of deal with you if you said yes. A collage for yourself with this image or any of my other collages I have already for my etsy store?

Write me at kylaelise@hotmail.com.
Thanks so much and take care!
-Kyla